Friday 21 April 2017

April has spring in the air

Hello All,

News

We are finally seeing the early signs of spring.  In the UK the clocks have gone back and the great British summer time has began.

I always feel invigorated by the bright morning and the nice long evening, winter in the UK is generally grey and very damp.  It's nice to see colours returning to my world.

What has also helped is my few days away in Wales with my wife which has helped us both recharge after a long winter period, Christmas and the start of this new year.


 _________________________________________________________________________


Showreel

We released our 2017 showreel this last month exclusively on Dailymotion.




We have plans to release this on YouTube but due to my relationship with the site I may need to make changes from this. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Projects

So for those not following Capemedia UK on Facebook we are re-doing "A Tale of Time".  As explained over the last couple of months, there is a new major update to our animation software of choice which will allow us to produce stunning visuals.

We have a some new people on board.  A friend of the family has produced some stunning concept artwork.


I'm rewriting the script, which now will contain dialogue, new characters and completely new ending.

Finally we will be organising the entire project, to a proper timeline.  We will set targets and set a date for each of the milestones, including the dates we apply or start funding.

_________________________________________________________________________

Character Animation

So there are many facets to making a good animation film or short.  People focus on the quality of the story, the impressive visuals, the musical score, the composition, etc.  All vital but amertuer or low budget animation can sometimes miss a trick with good quality character animation.

So I'm going to be doing some tests and see what level of character animation I can achieve with iClone.  Generally a motion capture and standard library motions are what a lot of the community use.  But can I take this to the next level?

Keep posted and I'll update my findings.

_________________________________________________________________________

In Closing

I have a good feeling about how things will go going forward. I have a new mantra to follow and new approach.  We will see if this works. 


Thanks for passing, reading, supporting and commenting.

Take Care

Colin Cooper (aka Capemedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment